Webinar - Patient Advocacy and Access to Innovative Clinical Trials in a Changed Environment
April 2021Our founder, Julie Walters, along with experts in bioethics and clinical trial management explored the challenges of running cell and gene therapy trials in the wake of the pandemic
Working with “living therapies” during COVID-19 has changed access, resource planning and management in CGT trials
This ICON sponsored webinar, run by the International Society of Cell and Gene Therapy (ISCT), explored the bioethics of clinical trials at Preclinical and Phase 1 stages. Panelists discussed the unique nuances of cell and gene therapy (CGT) trials and how to keep them on track during COVID-19.
- What is the ethical protocol of approaching patients for early-stage clinical trials i.e. determining what is the reasonable ratio between risks and benefits, and the role of the FDA and EMA?
- What are the key differences between CGT clinical trials compared to the traditional model?
- How has COVID-19 changed accessibility, resource planning and management of CGT trials and what are the best practices for working lean?
- What is the clinical perspective of the most forceful challenges posed by COVID-19 when conducting Clinical Trials?
- How has patient advocacy and support changed in the face of COVID-19?
Sign up for updates
If you’re an industry professional and would like to subscribe to updates from our research team, including our research projects and our Rare Opinion blog, fill in your details below and we’ll add you to our mailing list.